How to Become a Ham
- How Do I Get Started?
- Before you can do anything, you need to get an Amateur
Radio license from the Federal Communications Commission.
- Once you have your license, the rest is up to you. What
you do next depends on what sort of equipment you intend to use and what type
of communication you'd like to try.
- Find helpful advice for your first ham station and how to
get on the air.
- Useful Study Materials
- For test practice.
- KB6NU has produced a very helpful manual for the
Technician Class test. It is referred to as being no-nonsense.
- When reading it over everything in BOLD are the
answers to the test questions.
- From what we have been told if they read it 2 or 3
times then come to the class they will most likely pass the tech exam.
- it is a government exam and all the questions and
answers are public knowledge.
- Do I Have to Learn Morse Code?
- While many hams like to use morse code, it is not
If you are ready to test for your
license or upgrade CONTACT